WAHMs can work drop shipping to work exclusively at home. Especially, drop shipping can benefit WAHMs (Work at Home Moms) without affecting their work at home schedule. Furthermore, WAHMs can work drop shipping to sell their chosen products. Then, they can have a drop shipper take care of the aspect of shipment. A great deal of income can be made from drop shipping if necessary precautions are taken.
Getting the best out of drop shipping
In any event, WAHMs need to learn the steps of drop shipping as this is vital if they are to succeed. For example, WAHMs can work drop shipping as outlined below.
Actually, the first step is to sign up with a drop shipping firm and pick out any of their desired products. The next big step is promotion using quality pictures. You can also promote by writing excellent descriptions and subsequent sales of such products on your website. You can even go with any other third party site like eBay.
Granted, WAHMs can work drop shipping when the above steps are well done. This will definitely have a buyer make a purchase of your promoted item. You are expected to contact the manufacturing or distribution firm when this happens. You notify them that you have sold a given product.
Hence, they are to ensure that the product is shipped. WAHMs can work drop shipping and their core responsibility or duty is simply to make sales. Likewise, other aspects are duties that are the responsibility of the manufacturer or distributor. These include inventory taking, item pack up and shipment.
In particular, WAHMs can work drop shipping and decide their own percentage of profit when selling drop shipped products. This can be seen in a context involving the sales of a garlic press that was bought at a wholesale price tag of $20 and shipping at $10 each. You can decide to put the gadget up for sale at $50 and shipment bill at $10 for each garlic press. The net profit accrued is mouth-watering and relatively as profitable as when you sell your own stock. This would demand time and money from you as well.
Benefits of drop shipping
The benefits of drop shipping are enormous and very enticing. Some of the benefits include:
1. WAHMs can work drop shipping and be in sole charge of sales. Anyhow, the distribution or manufacturing company caters for item shipping and taking of inventory. Hence, you have ample time to promote the products on any suitable platform like a private website or eBay marketplace.
2. Drop shipping is most befitting for WAHMs who may not have time for inventory taking. However, it is believed that inventory has been taken by you already. This gives you the room to promote as many products as you actually can.
3. WAHMs can work drop shipping as it creates the opportunity for you to promote lots of products. This is done without actually spending a dime buying, storing and showcasing them as obtainable in traditional stores. There is also room to promote and sell products that are way out of what’s ordinarily available. Foreign products and handcrafted items can be sold also.
4. The headaches and expenses that go with inventory shipping costs are also not what WAHMs should be bothered about. WAHMs can work drop shipping and subsequently save cost as they do nothing like storing, packaging and shipping. All they do is promote, sell and make money!
The downside of drop shipping
The disadvantages of drop shipping are not really daring. They are few and they include:
1. WAHMs can work drop shipping knowing the greatest challenge is choosing a suitable and trustworthy manufacturer or distributor. At any rate, you are home free to succeed when you find a top notch drop shipper with an impeccable record. You need to beware that cases have been reported of nonchalant or untrustworthy manufacturers and distributors.
These are companies that tend to ship products at snail speed or possibly fail to ship in the first place. WAHMs keep selling and shipping without knowing that the products never get to the buyers in such cases. This is obviously bad business for these WAHMs and will damage their business image.
2. The next challenge to contend with is how to find out that the product has good quality and the drop shipping is reputably trustworthy. WAHMs should make certain to carry out a thorough inquiry into the reputation of companies involved so these issues don’t happen.
Choosing a drop shipping company
WAHMs can work drop shipping successfully by thoroughly researching the history and reputations of various drop shipping companies. You can pick out the most reputable drop shipper by checking out their customer reviews. This enables you to find out a lot of details ranging from customer care to standard and quality of products. Then, the black hat way of finding out for yourself is to be your own guinea pig and order a product for your use.
Drop shipping firms do not charge WAHMs monthly charges or any of such fees aside from the price of products. All WAHMs can work drop shipping and not pay any such fee. Anyhow, you should discontinue working with any drop shipping company that demands any fees. Payment of products can be on “pay as each item is sold” basis. Sometimes, drop shippers charge on a monthly basis for all products earlier sold.
Drop shipping work is very lucrative, easy and obviously a great choice to work at home. WAHMs can work drop shipping and succeed substantially if they are careful and research extensively. You need to ensure you do quality control information about your chosen drop shipping company. Overall, WAHMs can work drop shipping when you have selected the right company for your success.